It’s that time again! Here are the latest updates on FG Funnels from the week of February 1st through 7th, 2024. If you have any questions about any of these updates, or other questions about FG Funnels, please reach out to email@example.com or live chat in the app and our team will be happy to help.
UI Enhancements and Fixes
Summary of the release: UI fixes on the left panel (message listing) and right panels (contact details) of conversation.
- Empty placeholder on Central and Right panel is added when no chat is selected
- All fonts are changed to Inter from Roboto
Right panel UI changes:
- Removed non standard loaders for Appointments and Opportunities tabs
- Added placeholders for empty views
- In the Contacts tab, certain accordions which will not require API calls will be open by default. (Contact, DND)
- Minor changes in the CSS of email and phone fields of contacts tab
- The primary marker is shifted to the left
- The verified marker is always made visible
Left panel UI changes:
- Select checkboxes for chats will only be visible on hover unless selected
- Select checkboxes alignment fixed
- Border on all sides of a selected chat is modified into border only on the right
- Color of the hover and selected chats are changed
Bug fix: On the central panel, when hovering on an error of a sent message, the toast overflew to the left and went out of screen, which has been fixed to stay contained in the central panel itself.
API Update – Live Chat Support In Send Message API
What have we done?
- Updated the Send Message API doc by adding the LIVE CHAT type in the valid message type list.
- Removed the Web Chat type from the valid type list
- Users were trying to use the Web Chat type to send messages into the live chat widget. As Web chat does not support any outbound messages, the messages were being added as inbound and causing confusion.
- Using the Live Chat type, you can now send outbound messages to the live chat widget.
Made The Get Messages API Public
What is new ?
- API to get messages by conversation ID is now public.
- It also allows filters by Message types.
This was a feature request from users. This will help users to get all the messages from any conversation via API.
Twitter is BACK in Social Planner
The Twitter connection in Social Planner was not functioning properly due to new plans introduced by Twitter for Developer access, and issues with card details were identified.
Regarding Twitter integration in Social Planner, if a user has not posted any content on social media, their Twitter token will expire. If they have already posted, the token will already be expired, and users will need to reconnect the Twitter integration.
What will happen to Twitter integration in Social Planner?
- If a user has not posted any content on social media, their Twitter token will expire. If they have already posted, the token will already be expired
- Users will be required to reconnect Twitter Integration.
Increased the delivery speed of emails
What Changed: We have increased the delivery speed of emails sent out from bulk actions and email campaigns to 100k/hour per location.
- Email Channels: This is added for Leadconnector and Mailgun email channels only. The delivery speed will increase by a huge margin.
- Enhanced User Experience: The left panel in conversations won’t get updated for contacts with the email messages while enabling this feature. Conversations can be accessed in the middle panel as usual.
How to Use:
This feature is currently under Settings > Labs.
Why It Matters:
This enhancement will be useful for ensuring higher delivery speeds into contacts’ mailboxes for bulk/campaign emails giving customers to use it for flash sales sort of purposes where customers would not want their contacts to miss a campaign mail due to slower email delivery.
While sending at this rate is possible, it is important to ensure your sending domain is properly warmed up for this leveling of sending in a short time frame.
Variant specific URLs for products in stores
- Each product variant now has its own unique URL associated with its specific combination. This will be found under the query params variant=<variant-id>
- If the URL does not contain a variant or if the variant is invalid, by default, the lowest priced variant is selected.
- This specific url for the variant which is now opened will select the combination automatically.
Set a default From Name and Email Address
We’re thrilled to unveil the latest enhancements to our LC email dedicated sending domain features. Now, users have the option to set a default From Name and Email Address for their dedicated sending domain. This designated header will be automatically applied to all emails sent through the domain.
With this new feature, users can streamline their email management by preventing sending from multiple non-associated email addresses. Additionally, using this with Domain Configuration feature they can distribute the email load across multiple domains, thereby minimizing the risk of email failures, especially regarding DMARC compliance, and ultimately enhancing deliverability.
To ensure seamless alignment, when users add an email, we automatically check for domain alignment and provide notifications if misaligned, helping to mitigate potential failures. It’s worth noting that as of February, Gmail and Yahoo have implemented DMARC checks, urging users to refrain from sending from free email addresses such as Gmail and Yahoo. For those currently using these addresses within our system, instead of manually locating and removing them, this feature provides a convenient alternative solution.
We are enabling users to perform A/B testing right within workflows with our new and powerful Split action. A tool designed to empower marketing and sales automation strategies. With Split, users will be able to explore diverse routes in their workflows, analyze performance and optimize engagement strategies.
What types of Split Action are there?
For the first phase we have launched Random Split.
Random Split lets you divide your contacts into multiple paths based on a random percentage distribution, allowing you to test different variations of your workflow and identify the best performing one.
- Random Split: Send contacts to different paths with percentages you define (e.g., 60% to Path A, 40% to Path B).
- Multiple Paths: Create up to 5 separate paths for your contacts to follow.
- Customizable Path Names: Rename each path to clearly identify its purpose.
- Stats Tracking: View detailed statistics on the number of contacts entering and completing each path, as well as their goal conversions.
How to Use?
- Add the Split action to your workflow by clicking on the “+” icon to add an action and selecting “Split” from the “Internal Tools” category.
- The Split action screen will open.
- Choose “Random Split” from the Distribution Type dropdown.
- Customize your paths:
- Change the default “Path A” and “Path B” names to your desired variations.
- Set the percentage of contacts you want to send to each path (total must equal 100%).
- Add up to 5 paths and remove a path by clicking on the “X” icon next to the path you want to delete.
- Click on the “Statistics” icon to check how many contacts have entered which path.
Use Case Example
Scenario: You’re an e-commerce store owner selling new running shoes. You have two email subject lines in mind: “Fuel Your Run with the Ultimate Shoe” and “Unleash Your Speed: Our Game-Changing Shoes.”
Solution: Use the Random Split action to divide your mailing list randomly (e.g., 75/25). Send 75% of the list the “Fuel Your Run” email and the other 25% to the “Unleash Your Speed” email. Track website visits, purchase rates, and other key metrics for each path.
Outcome: After a set period, analyze the results and see which subject line led to higher engagement and sales. Now, you have data-driven proof of the best performing message, which you can confidently apply to future campaigns.
- Even Split
- Conditional Split
Cart Icon element for E-Commerce stores
- Newly created e-commerce stores will now have a “Cart icon” that is added to the Navigation menu. The menu will be automatically added to all the e-commerce pages except the “Checkout page”
- Users can also add a cart icon independently anywhere in the store
- This allows users to navigate to the cart page with a single click
- The cart icon also shows the number of products present in the cart
How can I use it?
You can access the cart icon in two ways
- All newly added navigation menus in e-commerce stores only, will have a cart icon automatically added in the right side of the menu
- There is a standalone cart icon present in Elements –> Stores in the builder where the cart icon can be added again anywhere in the site
- If you would like to customize the color of the cart icon, both the Cart icon color and the active color (Color when items are present in the cart) can be customized in both the navigation menu settings as well as the cart element settings
Image Slider in Email Builder
Introducing the Image Slider – a dynamic carousel-style representation, now available in our Email Builder! Elevate your email content with a visually engaging way to showcase multiple images seamlessly.
- Enhanced Visual Appeal: Capture attention with a sleek and modern image slider layout.
- Interactive Experience: Create a more engaging email experience for your audience.
- Optimized Space: Make the most out of limited space by showcasing multiple image options within a single, compact slider.
How to use:
- Navigate to the Email Marketing and open any Campaign/ Template
- Access and add the new Image Slider element
- Add or remove images in the slider from the edit menu in the left
- Customize the appearance by editing visuals of the arrows, thumbnails etc. in the edit menu
- Add links to the images as required.
Discover the specifics regarding the visibility of components such as thumbnails and arrow support across various email clients in the info section, empowering you to make well-informed decisions for your design.
Web Hook support for Voice Call
- Developer web-hooks will now start receiving InboundMessage and OutboundMessage type event for Voice calls
- Enabled visibility of messageId in the web-hook events
This was a feature request from users. This will help users to get all the messages from any conversation via API.
Sync Disconnect – Email Notification
In this release, we are introducing Email Notifications that are sent out to users whenever any of their Calendars or Zoom experiences a Sync Issue.
- Previously, we used to display a banner if a sync got disconnected.
- Now, whenever a sync is disconnected, we will also send an email to the user whose sync has been disrupted, providing detailed steps on how to reintegrate it.
- This functionality will apply to Google Calendar, iCal, Outlook, and Zoom Conferencing and will help in reaching out to the exact user who needs to take necessary action to reestablish the sync.
How to Use?
- Upon a sync disruption, the user will receive an email.
- They can then log in to the app or click on the link provided in the email.
- The email will contain detailed instructions on how to re-sync a specific calendar. Users must log in, navigate to Settings > My Profile/Integrations, and follow the provided steps.
Why This Feature?
- Prevent Sync Issues – This feature aims to prevent issues arising from broken syncs, such as events not updating, leading to missed appointments or double bookings.
View all Contact Notes for a Company
In this release, you will be able to view, add and edit the notes of all the contacts linked to a company in the company detailed page
- View, edit and add notes to all the contacts linked to a company in the Company detailed page
- Use search to filter notes for any keyboard or text
- Filter notes on a contact linked to the company
- Add Tasks to any contact linked to a company as well
Documents & Contracts
Floating TextField Element in the Document & Contract Editor
Template Editor Compatibility:
- The Floating TextField seamlessly integrates with the Documents & Contracts Template Editor, providing a consistent experience across our platform.
- Users can now place text fields anywhere within a document, adding a touch of flexibility.
Text Field Sizing:
Text fields can be resized to adapt to variable text lengths.
- Streamline the process by assigning text fields directly within the document, simplifying interactions with recipients.
Document Viewer Enhancement:
- We have added a pointer with auto scroll functionality. On-click it will take the user to the next field
- We have noticed some issues with the safari browser and mobile view in android. (We are working on fixing ASAP)
Paid Courses and Enhanced UI for Learnings Page
We’re thrilled to announce that the communities team is back with another amazing feature – paid courses which enables group owners/admins to sell courses from communities and make money.
- Learning Tab Empowerment: From the learning tab, admins/owners can add paid courses to communities.
- Flexible Payment Options: Paid courses can be recurring or one-time, with the choice to select currency as per your choice.
- Seamless Course Purchase: Learners can purchase courses through the learning tab.
- Boost Your Course Visibility: Additionally, we have enabled the copy link to your paid courses, which admins can utilize to share and promote.
- Email Integration: Emails are integrated for successful payments and subscription cancellations for paid courses
- Edit Capabilities: Once you’ve added a paid course, admins/owners can edit the pricing and payment settings.
- Enhanced Course Sequencing:You can reorder course sequences on the Learning page by utilizing our improved Move Courses option.
- Track Progress Effectively: Integrated Course Progress in Communities, which shows course progress for specific users.
Currency Selection: Added currency selection option for paid groups.
Public APIs are now available for Products and Prices
We’re excited to announce the release of public API support for managing Products and Prices! This update provides Business users with powerful tools to streamline product management within their applications.
GET /products/: Retrieve a list of all products. link
GET /products/:productId: Retrieve details of a specific product. link
POST /products/: Create a new product. link
PUT /products/:productId: Update an existing product. link
DELETE /products/:productId: Delete a product. link
GET /products/:productId/price: Retrieve the price details of a specific product. link
GET /products/:productId/price/:priceId: Retrieve details of a specific price for a product. link
POST /products/:productId/price: Add a new price for a product. link
PUT /products/:productId/price/:priceId: Update an existing price for a product. link
DELETE /products/:productId/price/:priceId: Delete a price for a product. link